Farmers Market Vendors Recognized at End of Year Banquet
Every year Union County Cooperative Extension hosts an end of year recognition dinner for the Union County Farmers Market vendors. It’s a time to fellowship and reflect upon the season. It’s during this dinner that we have a little fun and present the vendors with awards as voted upon by the residents of Union County. 2016 was no exception and we thoroughly enjoyed the participation from the public and presenting the awards to the winners. Without further ado here are the 2016 UCFM Superlative’s Winners:
- Miss Con”Greeneality” was awarded to Miss Holly Tartaglia of Whisper Creek Farm. Voted favorite female farmer, this was Holly’s second year winning the recognition.
- Prince Farming was awarded to Mr. Lane Kiker of Kiker Farms. Voted favorite male farmer, this was Lane’s first year to receive this achievement.
- Moovelous Meats was presented to Mr. Tony Crooke of Crooke Cattle & Meat Co. This award is presented to the favorite meat producer and was Tony’s first year winning the recognition as well as his first year in the market!
- The Big Spoon was presented to Miss Minnie Smith of Minnie’s Bread Basket. This was Miss Minnie’s first year to receive the award for best baker in the market. Miss Minnie is well known for her delicious sour dough bread.
- The Big Cheese award went to Mr. Robert Stovall of Brown Creek Creamery and was his second year in a row as favorite cheese vendor.
- Unique to Union was awarded to the favorite artisan of 2016 and this year was presented to Kate Seidel of Double Up Farms.
- The Saucy, Sticky, Sweet award was presented to Miss Pat Ferry of Sisters Kitchen Delights. This award is given to the best jams, jellies, sauces and honey vendors within the market.
We’d like to take the time to congratulate not only our winners of this year’s public recognition awards, but also to thank all the vendors who invest in our local foods farmers market. Their hard work and dedication to provide the public with the freshest foods has made the Union County Farmers Market a highly successful market that highlights the best of what Union County has to offer!