National Women’s Health and Fitness Day 2019
Since 2002, the last Wednesday of September has been recognized as National Women’s Health and Fitness Day. On this day, our nation promotes health care for women of all ages. Women all over the country will gather at various community locations to participate in women’s health and fitness events. Here are some ideas that you can try to commemorate National Women’s Health and Fitness Day 2019 and continue throughout the year :
- Invite a friend to workout.
- Stay hydrated by drinking water or fruit infused water.
- Take a power nap and re-energize.
- Take some of the weight off your back by lightening up your purse or backpack.
- Eat foods rich in calcium and vitamin D for your bones
- De-stress with a massage. Massages are a great way to improve blood circulation and slough off dead skin cells.
The 2018 NC Women’s Health Report Card, published by the Center for Women’s Health Research indicates there is progress in the areas of preventative care, insurance, and education for NC women. The research finds that there continues to be challenges in the areas of racial disparities, chronic disease, and obesity rates.
Today is a great day to start something new! Cheers to health!