How to Get Involved in 4-H
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Believe it or not, we need you! We need you to get involved with 4-H and serve as a volunteer for our organization. Volunteers play a vital role in the ongoing success and growth of the young people in the Union County 4-H program. National 4-H reports over 500,000 volunteers who provide caring and supportive mentoring to all 6 million 4-Hers helping them to grow into true leaders.
Research shows that 4-H helps young people excel beyond their peers. With the support of volunteers, we are able to accomplish that and so much more. Locally, Union County 4-H volunteers spent more than 800 hours reaching over 6,000 young people through various programs from school enrichment, special interest, county events, summer day camp program, and clubs.
Are you interested in serving as a volunteer to help foster and shape the lives of our future leaders?
Here are a few ways for you to get involved with 4-H:
- Direct Volunteer Opportunities:
- Activity Helper: assist with an activity
- Club Leader: serve as a traditional club leader for a topic of choice or general club
- SPIN Activity Leader: lead six-1 hour sessions on the activity of choice
- County Activity Day Judge: judge county presentations
- Indirect Volunteer Opportunities:
- Advisory Council Member: serve as a member of council to provide insight and represent the needs of the young people in the community
- Inventory Sorter/Preparer/Tester: update LEGO robot bins, test incubators, update inventory spreadsheet
- Special Events Volunteer: assist with planning, decorating, and executing special events like 4-H Expo and Achievement Night
- Project Record Judge: judge county project record book submissions
If you are interested in getting involved, check out the volunteer tab on the county website or call us at 704.283.3735 or 704.283.3740.