Celebrate the Fourth of July with Cool Layered Gelatin Dessert
Remember the gelatin commercials while growing up? The treats looked so elegant and simple. You can create this magic for the Fourth of July for your family. These treats are the perfect light dessert to beat the July heat and add sizzle and elegance to your barbecue or party.
Red, White, and Blue Layered Gelatin Dessert
- 1 packet cherry (red) gelatin
- 1 packet blue gelatin
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 1 can sweeten condensed milk
- Whipped cream for decorating if desired
- Place blue gelatin in a pourable container and add 1 cup of boiled water. Stir until crystals are dissolved. Add 3/4 cup cold water. Divide between cups. Refrigerate for 1 hour until mostly set.
- Sprinkle unflavored gelatin over 1/4 cup of cold water, let stand for 1 minute. Add 1/4 cup boiled water and stir until granules are dissolved. Add sweetened condensed milk and stir until smooth, then divide between glasses with blue gelatin. Refrigerate 1 hour or until almost set.
- Make red gelatin following instructions for the blue. Divide between glasses then refrigerate until fully set. * Garnish with whipped cream if desired.