More In My Basket Monthly: Just Three Simple Steps

— Written By and last updated by Nancie Mandeville
en Español

El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.

Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.

English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.

Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.

Collapse ▲

Three Red Apples in a row

You’ve heard about SNAP. But how do you apply? More In My Basket (MIMB)/N.C. Cooperative Extension is here to assist you with an easy 3 step process. It all starts with a phone call to the MIMB program office at (919) 515-9568.

Step 1. Program staff will help you complete the FNS/SNAP application and mail it to you with everything you need, including a post-paid envelope, addressed to your local Department of Social Services.

Step 2. Then you return the application to your county’s DSS office by mail, fax, in person, or by an authorized representative.

Step 3. Talk with an FNS casework. You can have an in-person appointment or complete the appointment by telephone.

That’s it. Three easy steps.

Or if you want to do it yourself, you can visit your local Department of Social Services (DSS) office to pick up an application and get help. Or, you can submit an application to DSS online through the NC government ePass service.