Rainy Weather Workout
April Showers bring May flowers. Don’t let rainy weather keep you from working out. Here are some tips for indoor fitness.
- Old fashioned jumping jacks provide good cardio exercise and gets the blood and oxygen going. Start with your hands at your side and your feet together.
- If you are a jogger, or even if not, you can get some good cardio by jogging in place. Jogging in place strengthens the heart, the lungs, and is a great way to burn calories
- Abdominal crunches work the upper abdominal muscles. Crunches are similar to regular sit-ups, but rather than coming up to a sitting position, you are only raising up to lift your chest off the floor.
- To work your chest, triceps, and shoulders on rainy days, try push-ups. While on the floor face-down and feet together, push yourself up by bending your elbows, then lower yourself back to the ground.
- Toning your quads on rainy days can be accomplished by leg lifts. Lay flat on your back with arms to your side and legs stretched out in front, lift both legs off the floor. Raise them several inches to your comfort level and hold the position 5-10 seconds.
- Can’t ride your bike in the rain? Pretend to ride inside. On the floor with legs in the air, bicycle your legs for 30 minutes. The view may not be as scenic, but you’re getting the same terrific exercise.